Thursday 24 June 2010

Hello!

Hello all and welcome to my blog, I have finally joined up here so I can fill you all in with my recent developments, projects, work in progress, travels and other bits n bobs as it comes. Please stay tuned for more images to come of the development for my latest Holocaust themed installation entitled Oil-Of-Course which is now finished and exhibits to the public from the 29th of June to the 3rd of July 2010 at Byam Shaw School of Art in Archway.

What I wish to do actually, is to show you all the work in progress prior to the finished outcome which I will attempt to do over the next few days.

When I used to paint, I was always interested in seeing the stages and the build-up of the paint. Often I found that certain preliminary stages were far more exciting, more suggestive than the finished outcome, and to see the process was sometimes more fulfilling than the finished product itself which although can be spectacular, also failed to show me the stages in getting to that and the struggles behind it all or the journey it had taken in getting to that final destination.

I hope you will find it exciting to see the work build up, from its preliminary sketchbook stages, through the rigorous tests, to the eventual construction process and development.

To find out more about Oil-Of-Course, visit www.theleocohen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment